Friday, October 19, 2012

SUPER POWERS

There is still a week and a half left until Halloween. A week and a half and then this little guy can unleash his super powers. He decided long ago that he would be Iron Man. He had to, his cousin is Captain America so it's only natural. We got him his costume for his birthday, so for the last couple of months he has been practicing. In the morning, at night, he puts it on charges up his 'lasers' (I'm sure a cooler mom would know what they're really called) and blasts everything in his path. Little sisters, dogs, mommies....no one stands a chance.


 I'm almost afraid for any other poor little boy daring to be Iron Man that night...I hope he's practicing too!
Today's Reflection:
I think I could learn a lesson from my son. That boy knows what he needs to do to become a super hero and he is working at it. If only I put on my 'uniform' everyday, charged my lasers, practiced my aim. Imagine what a better super hero I would be. Then when the day came that my super powers were called into action, I would be ready...just like I know he will be!
 
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand"
-Ephesians 6:11-13

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...