Monday, November 26, 2012

WHAT'S UP

You know that line in the song..."hurt so good"...you know that line. The last few days have "hurt so good" They have been busy and nonstop, but oh so good! I won't overload you on the details, at least not today. Not on a Monday, not this Monday! But know this...details, will come. Unless I forget.
 
Here's what I will tell you, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and packed my parents house with as much family those walls could handle...the craziness however leaked outside the walls...
Steve and I went on a date (with each other)!
I turned 31. I turned 31 this weekend and it was lovely. I have never before had a birthday where I have felt so content. So happy with the amazingness (is that a word? I'm too tired to look it up) and love that God continues to pour on little ol' undeserving me...after 31 years, he still does it!
  
So let's see, I turned 31...
we celebrated by having a crazy party...
We kicked off our Christmas season and hunted for a Christmas Tree...
We showed that farm who was boss and came out with the 'perfect' tree!
We went for fall strolls to coffee... 
and enjoyed huge festivals in the park...
 
 
We went to bed way too late, and enjoyed each others company. We missed naps and earned sleeping in. It was great!
 
Today's Reflection:
"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."
-Psalm 145:16 (NIV)
 
I love this, the implication that God merely need to open his hands and "BAM" my desires are satisfied.
 
I am beginning to understand just how deeply God knows me. How he moves past the junk inside me, the false desires of stuff and status. He sees right through that and gets to the true desires of my heart. He opens his hand and there it is, joy, love, peace. The other junk is pushed out because I just want more and more of what God is giving. I am satisfied.
 
Thank you Lord, for opening your hand.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...