Wednesday, February 15, 2012

5 MONTHS OLD

My precious Lucia,

Today you are 5 months old! I can hardly believe how quickly this time is going by. You are the sweetest little girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I am so proud to call you my little girl. When you are older, you won't remember the last 5 months, so I want to write it down so you can have it. You make everyone around you smile and melt, including your Dad and I. You already giggle and laugh and you have many conversations with me (although you don't use words yet, I understand what you're saying!). You think your brother Henry is hilarious (and he is). You cry when you think we've left the room. You like when I sing the Beatles' song 'I've just seen a face' to you. You are incredibly strong and grab just about anything you can, which worries me at times, but also cracks me up when you grab my big nose. You don't have much hair, but don't worry I didn't either when I was your age. You have chunky thighs just like mommy and you smile with your eyes, just like mommy. You show no signs of prejudice, you smile and flash those flirty eyes with all colors and ages. 

Now, tomorrow some of this may change and some may stay the same which is the beauty of watching you grow. I dream of the day when I can hear your sweet little voice say 'mommy'. I dream of the long daily telephone conversations you have with me when you are older, just like I have with your grandma. I dream about braiding your hair and having you pick flowers and put them in your hair. I look forward to having you read this some day and say to me "Wow, you use to be young mom!" 

I want you to always remember, you were created to do great things, you were wonderfully made by a God who loves you and obviously loves me because he blessed me with you!

love,
Your young mom

  
5 months never looked so cute!

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...