Thursday, February 16, 2012

SEE YOU LATER!

Since becoming a mom I have learned a lot about myself.  For instance, I am 'Momma Bear' and 'Momma Bear' does not  like her cubs wandering far off with out her.  I'm not at all a 'Mama Bird' who has no problem flinging her baby birds out of the nest. No sir, do not mess with my cubs or try to take them...or else "ROAR!" Don't get me wrong, I know  and love a lot of 'Momma Birds' and their baby birds and when they tell me of all the adult things they do like go to the movies or a restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu or a concert that doesn't involve a singing animal or take a class that doesn't involve nap time, I do get a little envious. So when my younger brother called and asked to take Henry for the day, I pretended to be a 'Momma Bird' even though the bear inside of me was screaming (or roaring).

I know it benefits my son to leave the nest every now and then, and well let's face it, he isn't crying to stay with me, in fact most times I get a wave and a "see you later mommy!" (He's such a brave boy!) He did come back in one piece and with a big smile and belly full of junk! My future sister-in-law was also nice enough to e-mail me picture updates of their play date! Looks like he had a good time, although I'm sure he thought about me the entire time!

Does this picture scream I miss my mommy or what?!? Enjoying a well balanced meal of pizza, ice cream, hot chocolate and cherries (I think that covers the food pyramid, no?)
and look, helping Uncle Mijo with his Homework!
Uncle Mijo giving him a spin meanwhile he's probably wondering what I'm doing...
 
So maybe he had a little fun!

Today's Reflection:
Lord, I know sometimes I have to let go and trust in you.  I can sometimes let my fears overtake me and let my mind imagine the worst, but I know that you are my protector and my children's! Please protected our steps, keep us safe and watch over my children when I can not. Thank you!

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” 
-Psalm 91:14-16

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...