Friday, May 4, 2012

SWINGS AND SMILES

We reached another milestone in Lucia's life...she has conquered the swings at the park. She came, she drooled, she ruled! I can't help but look at her, at this little piece of happiness and feel extremely blessed.

Some of you may have read or heard about the little baby girl Avery who passed away this week, if not, you can read about her story on her blog here. She was just about Lucia's age which made it hit home with me. After being diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and given only a short time to live her parents decided to make a bucket list for her and try to cross off as much as they could before she passed. I was extremely touched by her story.

Every now and then I need a little reminder to make me stop and celebrate even the little milestones that could easily be taken for granted. The milestones I just kind of assume we'll get to cross off our list should be reached with with nothing but excitement and appreciation. Appreciation for life, for time, for another day to share her joy. With each little swing and heart melting smile I get to experience I realize what an amazing gift they are...



such a wonderful gift!

Today's Reflection:
Lord, I am grateful to be in your presence, I am grateful to experience this joy. I thank you for today and tomorrow and each milestone we reach.

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
-Psalm 16:11

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...