Friday, May 10, 2013

THE MEMORY OF MUSIC IN THE AIR

Can I tell you something? I love a concert in the park. I am swooned by hanging out on the grass. I love little bare feet and itchy skin from prickly grass and little hands finding something to do while the grown ups keep busy...
I am quite fond of messy kids and sticky ice cream fingers.
And I'm serious, quite serious actuallly. I love the memories made outside sitting in the park, while music fills the air. It reminds me of when I was littlle, it takes me back to a time when I sat on sweet soft grass, sharing a blanket with my sister, lost in our own little world, while the music filled the air.
I think one of the fun parts about being a mother, is getting to watch their memories be made. Knowing, hoping that one day, they'll remember all of this. Sometimes, the times are rough, but even in that, how often do we say "Someday, we'll laugh about this."
 
As we enter Mother's Day weekend, I am very humbled and honored to enter the ranks of so many other Mothers. I am blessed my the memories already locked away from the last few years being a mother, and I am exited for the many more yet to be made!
 
It's early, but Happy Mother's Day, to the rest of my Tribe! To the woman who have memories of their own! To the woman who hang in there during the rough times and late nights and tears and triumph to make another beautiful memory!
 
As I continue this calling to be a mother, as I try to do my best and teach them love and guide them into the wonderful being God created them to be, I am blessed by this scripture:
 
"Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" - Matthew 28:20
 
He is with me in every memory, in every moment. He is comforting me and holding me up in the moments that are tough, and he is with me in the beautiful ones, the ones that fill the air and my heart. He is with me always, I am never alone in this task.
 

1 comment :

  1. your pictures are amazing as always! makes me wish I was sitting in the prickly grass listening to music & taking picts of my kids sticky hands...you sure know how to capture a day! love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...