Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WE BOUGHT A BLUE RUG

So, we bought a blue rug. We needed a soft place on the ground for the kids to play and I'm not one to shy away from color..so we bought a bright blue rug. I thought it would be fun and make the room pop. Henry is apparently a fan of bright blue rugs (who knew?), he rolled around on that thing all morning, introducing all his toys to the new bright blue rug...
 
Lucia however, was not so much of a fan... 
Perhaps because it looked like we skinned a beloved Cookie Monster. I'm sure she was just worried about him getting cold, once I explained to her it was just a new rug she warmed up to it too...

However I could not get the thought of our beloved Cookie Monster out of my head sooo...
 
we took back a blue rug.

Today's Reflection:
Sometimes we just make mistakes. Could you imagine if we let those 'blue rugs' in our life stay? If everyday we were reminded of the poor choice we made and soon it was all we saw? The bright blue rug in the room. How many times have I dwelled on the mistakes that I've made, beat myself up over them and not let them go. Thankfully God, allows me to let go of these mistakes, he removes the 'bright blue rugs' out of my life.

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” 
Isaiah 44:22

5 comments :

  1. Where did you get the blue rug? I've been looking for one exactly like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the rug called a Hampen rug -http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90203786/ I ask as the blue in your first two photos looks great...just what I'm looking for. Is it the same? Thanks :-)

      Delete
    2. I don't remember, but that does look similar. It was a little larger than the smaller squares though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...