Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY

I had a pretty wonderful Mother's Day. Normally on Sundays we all get together for a family lunch and one or all of the moms end up cooking a feast. This Sunday however, to give all the moms a break, my wonderful Husband took a stab at it. He even started my morning off right with breakfast in bed and a surprise serenade.
We made everything pretty...
and he cooked up some of my favorites...
topped with ice cream sundaes for dessert...

the rest of the day was spent playing in the park, enjoying the day together...
 
 
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes when I meet someone for the first time they'll ask what I do. Usually I quickly respond, "I'm a stay at home mom," but sometimes I stop and think, for a moment I wish I had something really "impressive" to say. For a moment I let the insecurities of what the world labels as success cloud the beautiful appointment God has given me. I am a stay at home mom. I am a mom. Thank you Jesus for this wonderful gift that not everyone gets to experience. Thank you for their smiles, their tears, their little hands that reach for me. Thank you for hiring me for the best job in the world!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
-Colossians 3:23-24

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...