Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SISTERHOOD OF THE LAUNDRY AVOIDERS


Somewhere under the same sky I am sure there is a dining table out there with a similar scene. Laundry, just waiting for some determined soul to fold and hang and put it in it's proper place. Am I the only one who has this love-hate relationship with laundry? I need clean clothes and I do love the way a pair of clean socks feel and smell, but do I really have to put it away? I feel like there is a secret sisterhood of laundry avoiders out there. We are not alone, it's just hard to admit that at least once a week a pile like this lurks in our home. I know you're out there asking yourself the same questions I am, can I hold on until Mother's Day and then ask the kids to do it? If I pretend I'm super busy will my husband eventually need clean underwear and then take care of the rest? Can I get the same kid that mows lawns to fold this heap? I wonder how much he charges.
I mean, it's just so much and it never ends...I'll admit, my husband Saint Steve of Sunnyvale will often help me without complaint even though realistically the guy's only got like 3 outfits, so most of it's not even his! 
I've heard women admit they've cried over laundry, and I get it...I mean I'd much rather take a nap, but knowing that I'm not going through this mess alone...knowing that my sisters are out there trying to make the best of laundry day does help...
Today's Reflection:
I need that sisterhood, people who look past my shortcomings and stand by me.

I love in Acts 9 how the disciples don't accept Saul at first as one of them, how the are only concerned at the 'mess' his life has been, but then Barnabas stands up for him and brings him into his inner circle.

Imagine if the disciples walked into my house and saw the 'mess' of my life. I thank God for the Barnabas' out there. The people who look past your mess and see the potential God has placed in you!

"When he came to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he really was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had preached fearlessly in the name of Jesus."
-Acts 9: 26-27

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...