Tuesday, December 30, 2014

CHRISTMAS EVE JOY

 This is the sixth Christmas I've done as a parent. I counted. 

Although we're getting our Christmas day traditions pretty down, Christmas Eve is a new adventure every year.

So this year we took a rainy walk. We had hamburgers and fries and watched the rain come down out the window. We sat in our little booth our family of five and when we finished the rain stopped, leaving us a treat of puddles to splash in on the walk back. 

We went to our church's candlelight service as my mommy heart delighted having my kids hold their own candles signifying Jesus' light spreading in the world and my heart knowing that each of them carry that light was happy.

We had dinner at my sister and her husband's new restaurant as Christmas loomed in the air and the kids ran around with their cousins laughing and playing and my  heart filled with joy at the thought of the memories each one of them was making.

At night I sat in my bed and I had a real quiet moment with God.

I am so thankful for his son. I am so grateful for a savior. I prayed for his joy to fill our hearts, for it to overflow, that no presents under a tree, no extravagant traditions could ever compare. 

As I looked back at these pictures, I realized...he already had. He already had filled our hearts with his joy, it's there and it's overflowing and that is what we pass on, more than any tradition. 


"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...