Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ANGORA LAKES AND CHANGING SEASONS

Twelve years ago we took a hike with some friends and swam in a lake. I was only 20 and he was 21. I think often of that couple that sat on that rock in the middle of the lake. We both agree that we were starting to fall in love at this point, as a friend captured this moment from the beach, neither one of us aware. 

I think about that young couple who had no idea what laid in store for them, falling in love but so much more. As we sat on that rock, we had no idea that one day there would be a Henry, a Lucia and a Selah. We had no idea there would be a home we would make together, a family. No idea that 12 years later we would visit that same lake with our 3 children, carrying a whole lot more love on that hike then we had before. 

God is so amazing my friends. 

I think of how we had no idea what was in store for us, but God knew all along. He knew us and who we would become 12 years later. He knows us now and who we will be 12 years from now. There is hope in that. There is hope that God has a plan through it all for those who draw near to him.

As the seasons change outside, Steve and I enter another season of change in our own lives. Our family is growing, we are now homeschooling and entering in new adventures. Every now and then I have moments where I wonder if we are on the right track to where God wants us to be. This morning as I prayed, this scripture came to heart...

" And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

Then sings my soul...

12 years ago...

Today....

12 years from now and forever...

How great thou art!


And I know some of you like the details of our trip, so for you, this is Angora Lakes. It's a little off the beaten path in Tahoe, you know...unmarked roads...short hike to actually get to the lake, but it never disappoints. They have a tiny "resort" at the end where you can rent paddle boats, kayaks, paddle boards. My pictures do not give justice to it's beauty...



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...