Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ONE MAN'S TRASH


Do you know what I love most about second hand shopping or as my sister and I call it segunda shopping? I love the mystery of each item.  I love that as far as I know, what I'm looking at could have came from anyone.  I often imagine what the last owner did with it or while wearing it.  I always hope no one died wearing it or while holding whatever it is I'm buying.  Sometimes I even imagine that the owner of the item will one day see me with it and say "hey, that use to be mine!" and then we go to lunch and talk it over and become the best of friends (maybe). I take extreme pleasure hunting at the segundas (thrift stores, for my american friends). What will I find today? What can I get for one dollar?  What can I do with this? 


My sister and I were able to have a 'sister date' on her birthday, I scored a babysitter, well a couple of babysitters, willing to watch all four of our 'little darlings'
    

we easily spent six hours hunting through the store and to be honest we probably could have gone longer had they not closed on us.

 


We both scored some pretty great finds. I even found some tap shoes.  I carried them around the whole time we shopped debating the huge $7 purchase.  My sister told me that some little girl would probably love to find those shoes, I then told her "I am that little girl" and they went home with me.


some things we had to leave behind...


all in all it was a very successful trip, I found a few dresses to repurpose (I'll share later) and a few other little lovelies!  And although we both kid that we could just take off (we are tired mommies) we both made it back to our adorable children that we love very much...oh and the adoring husbands we both have.
  
Today's Reflection:

The things we find at these second hand stores are things that someone no longer wanted.  Items that someone no longer had any use for.  Sometimes we can feel a bit worn out, a bit unwanted.  People may not see the use for us, they may disregard us, throw us off to the side.  Lord, you are a good God, you find use in me continually.  You renew me.  I am no longer worn or unwanted, thanks to you!
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40: 30

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...