Monday, January 2, 2012

LOVING WHERE YOU'RE AT MONDAY

One thing I love about Sacramento is that we have a nice diverse culture.  I am proud that my children have a mixed heritage and proud that they are surrounded by a number of different cultures. Recently my baby brother got engaged to his long time girlfriend.  Last night we attended their Chinese Banquet.  We didn't understand all of the traditions, but regardless there are some things that can break down barriers, such as...





yummy food...



Dancing...




 and family!


Today's Reflection:

Loving where you're at does not always have to be about loving the physical place, but sometimes the season you are in.  Embracing those around you and the big life events you are experiencing. Last night was bittersweet for me because I feel like I am losing my baby brother, the experience was made a little easier because I was surrounded by loved ones who knew exactly how I felt.

Lord, protect my brother and his new family.  Let him be a blessing to them as he has been to me.  Keep him strong and give him the courage to be the man you have created him to be.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...