Thursday, January 19, 2012

MY KIDS MOM


I was spending some quality time with my mom the other day (at Joann's of course) and she said something that perplexed me.  She said that some people might think I've got it all together, so when they discover that I'm crazy it might catch them off guard.  I laughed at the idea, because well, I can't even imagine someone looking at me and saying "that girl has got it all together".  Now, just so I don't catch any of you off guard, let me tell you a thing or two about "My kids mom."  That woman is a control freak, she doesn't let her sweet husband cook her dinner because he probably will cook the chicken in a way she doesn't like.  She is incredibly obnoxious, don't play anything competitive with her because she's a sore loser and an even worse winner.  My kids mom is an emotional wreck, incredibly sensitive.  She's always saying things without thinking and let's just face it she's wrong a lot.  She's incredibly passionate, even when she fights.  Her husband is way to good for her and well most of the time she doesn't even realize it. Now here is what she has going for her, she loves a God who accepts her anyway.  She serves a Lord that can make a masterpiece out of this mess.  She knows that when she doesn't have it all together her God is saying "I've got this!"  Lucky her, right? 

Today's Reflection:

Lord, I do not deserve such a loving God, you see me, you know me, you know the things I don't want anyone else to know and yet you still offer me grace and love and forgiveness.   Thank you, I will never deserve it!

"I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
 - Romans 3: 12-1

1 comment :

  1. Your gift as a writer is obvious; but your willingness to be open and vulnerable is special. Thank you for this wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...