Thursday, July 12, 2012

ELBOW GREASE


So the work has begun on the trailer. the last couple of weeks we've been trying to clean it up and fix the things inside that need fixing. My job so far has been pretty easy, I've been doing more of the cleaning which can be a little therapeutic and fulfilling as everything begins to shine like new. My curiosity goes wild with each dent and ding I come across. I start to imagine how it got there, who did it and of course, did they get in trouble for it. I imagine we'll put a few of our own dents in it leaving behind our own story. We've cleared out the storage area which was packed with with more than we expected...
and cleared the way, out with the old and room for the new...

Now, Steve on the other hand, he's been busy working on some of the wood rot. There's not enough to worry me but just enough to keep him working hard...

So there it is, our progress so far, getting us a little closer to shiny and 'like' new.

Today's Reflection:
I'm excited about the restoration of this little trailer. Some of the little dents and dings need a lot of work and quite a bit of elbow grease but I know that those little things won't keep it from it's full glory and being filled with my little family. We just have to put the effort into it.
I think about the 'dents' and 'dings' in my life and how thankful I am that God continues to put a little elbow grease in fixing me. I'll never be perfect, but he has the ability to get me all shiny and new. Forgiving me for the imperfections that happened in my past and will come along, not leaving me in the 'driveway' to rot, but having a plan for me and a use and my own little restoration.

"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice. Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me."
Psalm 51: 7-10





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...