Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A LETTER TO MY BIG BOY

Dear Son,
I can't help but notice you're starting to act like a big boy. I know it's lots of fun becoming a big boy, you can eat more ice cream, and watch cooler movies and run faster and jump higher...  
leap over tall buildings and even fly...
 
I'm very proud of the little man/superhero you're becoming, but do you think...for my sake...you could just let me cherish this moment a little longer? I know the day will come, when mommy's kisses are no longer a hot commodity, or when mommy's kung fu no longer scares the monsters away, but for now...can you just stay my little boy just a tiny bit longer? For my sake...please.

Oh and one more thing...could you pass the message along to your sister? She's growing up a little too fast too... 
It's just getting ridiculous...
love,
your original superhero who loves you more than the world itself

Today's Reflection:
I know it's going to happen, they are going to grow up and I'm so grateful I get to watch it happen.Thinking of this scripture and the joys of my heart...
"For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart."
-Ecclesiastes 5:20

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...