Monday, July 9, 2012

LOVING WHERE YOU'RE AT MONDAY

I feel like this photo best sums up what the last two weeks have been like. We have been go go go and our days have been full. My poor children have napped wherever they could whenever they could and rarely in the comfort of their own bed. It's been busy, but I think we could all agree they have been a fun last couple of weeks filled with smiles and family.  We had late night dinners at neighborhood diners (because who really wants to cook after a long day?)...
We had Fourth of July fun and evening girl chats in our little trailer...
we celebrated my mom's birthday...

and helped shower my cousin and her baby boy on the way...

There was much more, but I'll save that for another day! Right now my knee is swollen, perhaps from too much fun and my bed is calling to me asking me to say hello and dream a little! Loving where I am at today, because the best sleep is well earned sleep!

Today's Reflection:
Tonight I was thinking about the fullness in our days and trying to find God in it all. Immediately what dawned on me was that in all my rushing around and trying to figure out what needed to be done next, I wasn't making personal time for God. I was so caught up in all the activities of the day, that my time with God somehow made it to the bottom of the list. In reading my devotion tonight I came across this scripture...

"Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me {as a vital necessity} and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:13

The title of the devotion was 'Your Most Important Commitment'
How timely is that? So in all my rushing around and going here and there, I need to make  sure I remember my most important commitment, I need to pause everyday and make sure I am seeking time with God, where ever I am and he will meet me there.

Thank you Lord, for your message...I got it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...