Monday, April 15, 2013

A DIFFERENT DAY

Today I am sick. It's a bummer. Being sick...no fun! But you know what is fun? A sister date. A sister date out of the house for a little bit while you're still healthy and the sun is still shining.
 
With a house full of sickies, My husband was sweet enough to let me sneak off for a little, Sunday afternoon and hit the Antique Faire with my sister. It's always fun and a treasure hunt for her and I.
In the end I walked away with some sweet vintage dresses for my little girl, a world globe, some accessories for myself and a display rack. The next morning, sick.
 
Today's Reflection:
My circumstance from yesterday has changed.
As I sat on the couch this afternoon with my husband, both of us home sick, a big turn from how we were yesterday, we watched as the bombings in Boston unfolded. The whole thing saddens me and angered him. I realize that there are many emotions that go on when horrific events like this take place. Our circumstance from yesterday can change. Today shook people and their world. Today was not the same. But lean on a God that is. Have faith in a God that will not change. Who's love is the same as it was yesterday, who's grace, who's strength, who's protection, who's peace is the same, today, yesterday, forever!
 
" Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
-Hebrews 13:8

1 comment :

  1. love those photos! keep em coming. might have to steal some for the magazine...=) i'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...