Tuesday, February 26, 2013

QUIET MOMENTS


In the quiet moments, I can take them in.
In the quiet moments I can see them more clearly.
How pure, how lovely, how sweet they are.
Nothing distracting me from those little toes, their little voices, their little cuddles.
In those calm moments I realize how valuable my time with them is.
I realize how important I am to them and them me.
This gets lost sometimes, in the clutter of noise and busyness.
I am humbled by how loving God is to have given me these quiet moments.
I realize, I don't deserve them, not a bit, not an ounce, not a minute.
Yet, for some reason, his love for me surpasses anything I could ever do.
And I am grateful.
I am left in awe of quiet moments, longing for more.  
Today's Reflection:
I think about how I need more quiet moments with God. How I need more time to take in his greatness, learn more about him and reinforce just how important he is to me. I am encouraged by this word today...
 
"He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned."
-Isaiah 50:4
 
Taking a larger view at the scripture, we find...
 
"The Lord God has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, he awakens My ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away."
-Isaiah 50:4-5

When God gives us those quiet moments, when he speaks to us in those moments, calls us, wakes us, he teaches us in them, we learn his word and we are prepared for what lies ahead.

I want to spend those moments with God, I want him to "awaken" me!

I hope your weekend is off to a great start friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...