Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MINI VANS AND PARKS

I know it's been a long time. Too long my friends. Nothing to worry about though, just long days...full days...days where priorities switch and I roll with the ever changing seasons of parenting. We are no longer spring chickens. We went to look at mini-vans the other day. Yes, mini-vans. We are in the mini-van season of our life. Long ago I abandoned the idea that I would be an SUV sporting soccer mom and submitted to the larger calling in my life...the mini-van calling. Steve and I welcome the room of said vehicle, I daydream about the automatic opening side doors, the 4 additional cup holders and the gusto that comes with owning a mini van.  Yes, we are here.
 
Isn't it funny how, life can take you down roads you never really considered?
 
We are becoming a mini van family, we are park goers, we have sticky apple juice floors, toys under our couch, bags under our eyes, we are here...
Today's Reflection:
However unexpected it can be, I am happy to be in this mini van season. I am excited to see what comes next. I am thankful for the moments that come during this time. I'd like to stop and soak it all in and thank God, for giving me such a lovely season, however sticky the floors might be!
 
"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (The Message)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...