Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WITH A LITTLE HELP

I am 31. I am called for something and right now it's to mother these two children of mine. God and I have an unspoken agreement. I will stick with his plan and he will provide. I will focus on what he's asked me to do until he is ready for me to do something else.
 
I love being a mom. Can I tell you though, sometimes the days are long and sometimes they are not easy. Sometimes I am wiped out! I don't know if we say this enough to each other. Maybe out of fear of sounding like a complainer  or someone thinking we can't do it we keep it to ourselves. Often times I try to suck it up and hang on until I can get some rest (if it ever comes), but it can feel like I'm running on fumes...Sometimes I'll load them in the car and just find somewhere to go to break up the day...we'll visit daddy...
macaroni and cheese lunch dates...
I try to make little tasks fun, but sometimes errands are errands...
We make the most of our time together, even if it means late  night strolls...
and slipping into a restaurant right before it closes for a late night family dinner...
I realize that as unprepared for motherhood I sometimes feel, as 'off' as our schedule is sometimes and as exhausted I am some days, God provides me with what I need. Yesterday I was in need of a nap...BADLY! A nap that was not coming. Any energy I had was demolished. I know a nap does not sound like much, in a world where some mother's struggle to feed their children, some wait in a hospital while their child heals. But God handles the big and the small...even a nap for a weary mom. 
 
I am not very good at asking for help. But as I do this more and more, I realize I can not do it alone. God's word says:
 
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion."
-Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
 
We are not meant to do this alone. When God saw that Adam was alone, he create Eve. When Jesus left the earth, we were not left alone, God sent the Holy spirit. He is constantly sending us help, whether it be a friend, a family member or a beloved husband who watches the kids so you can lock yourself in your room and have that nap you so desperately need!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...