Thursday, January 10, 2013

SUPER BIRTHDAYS

Ahoy!
 
I'm still working on the greeting thing...
 
We celebrated this weekend. We celebrated hard! We celebrated so hard, there was chocolate on our faces, costume changes, full bellies, and singing...lot's of singing...one song in particular..."Happy Birthday". We're getting pretty good at it.
 
Two birthdays, very different, yet equally special went on in my family this weekend.
 
My Nephew, who is one of my favorite little guys in the 'under 5' category in the whole entire world, kicked off our celebrating with a 'Super' Birthday.  This was right up our alley, because Super Heroes, is Henry's world and he does  not miss an opportunity to flex his super powers.  I also love any opportunity to whip out costumes that first, make my daughter look ADORABLE, and second make my husband and I look silly!
The next birthday celebration was my sister-in-laws.  I think she was trying to sneak hers by, but lucky for her, some of us have memories like elephants, so forgetting is not happening! On her birthday we were treated to a hot-pot feast made by the Birthday girl herself. Yah...you heard me right...she cooked for us on her birthday! Can you believe that? She also let the boys blow out the candles for her...a task they graciously accepted...
And in the end we were all partied out and 10 lbs fatter. The good fat though...you know the cupcake and birthday cake and celebrating fat. The kind that sticks to your ribs.
 
Today's Reflection:
Such very different birthdays, such very different ways of celebrating. Yet, one similarity, both are special. Both are worthy of celebrating and rejoicing. Both came into this world, made by a loving God, who thought out every little cell and molecule, every bit of their personality, every hair on their head and created them wonderfully, fearfully.
 
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."
-Psalm 139:13-15
 
It's more than enough to make you want to celebrate and sing and gain 10 pounds and poop yourself out rejoicing such marvelous works!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...