Thursday, January 3, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year friends! So perhaps you've noticed I took a bit of a 'Holiday Hiatus'. I debated writing, updating you on the latest cookie making, gift wrapping, holiday partying adventures, but sometimes, it's nice to just enjoy moments as they come, enjoy the people you're with and reflect on it all later.  We've had such an amazing Holiday, we really tried to maximize the time we spent with our loved ones...
 
 

So with that dear friends, I am back, after a lovely little break, I am back to continue reflecting on the hijinks that this little family has.  Thank you so much for sticking with me and I hope you all are having a wonderful start to 2013!
 
Today's reflection:
I came across this scripture in a study yesterday:
 
"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
-Psalm 90:12 (NIV)
 
I also like how it is written this way:
 
"Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well!"
-Psalm 90:12 (The Message) 
 
I am always struggling on how to balance my time. Especially during the Holidays, it feels like we are torn between things. What do you say 'No' to, what do you let go of, to fit in all the extra stuff? I like this scripture reminding us that our days our numbered. I pray for God's wisdom on how I spend my time. Steve and I really tried to let go of a lot of things at the end of this year and focus on some of the people that are most important to us. This year I'd like to continue that. If my days are numbered, I want to make sure I am using them wisely, that they are spend for good and for love. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...