Thursday, January 17, 2013

WILL TRAVEL...WITH KIDS

We took a journey to Colorado recently to visit our family. The majority of Steve's family lives in Colorado and it was the first time in years that we had all gotten together.
 
Sorry...where are my manners? I forgot to greet you all. Hello! I am am Serena and I travel with kids.
 
Anyone who has ever traveled with children, especially multiple children knows that there is quite a bit of planning that goes into this. I had my mental list...what will they wear if it's snowing...what will they wear if it's nice out...what will they do on the plane...what will they do if they get hungry...what will they do if space aliens attack...you know the drill. I can get a bit absurd with my 'mental' lists.
 
My kids on the other hand had none of these absurdities clouding their mind. The only item on my son's list was "Throw a snowball at Grandpa"....serious. And can I tell you he had a blast.
 
I can overcomplicate things. Even when deciding what this post should be about, I began overcomplicating it. This is not the first draft, if you catch my drift. Let me stop. Let me share with you the beauty of our trip. Let's not worry about the details or the lessons, let us just admire the beauty of life...the beauty of the family...the beauty that God so amazingly allows us to experience.
 

Today's Reflection:
There is so much noise that can go on in my head. How often do I stop to admire the experiences, the love, the beauty that God has poured over me? How often am I still?
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!"
-Psalm 46:10
I love how it is written in The Message:
"Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything"

 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...