Thursday, June 5, 2014

PAUSE


Selah.

I remember when I first heard the word, my father is a musician, so I have always had a special place in my heart for the Psalms...for David. The words and the praise he pours over the pages, I often wonder about the music that flowed through David as he wrote.

Selah.

It was described to me as a musical pause, a rest in the music, perhaps for emphasis. Perhaps he used it to soak in what was just said, or what I like to imagine, to let God resonate and move in and out of the words and to give us  a moment to stand still and watch.

Selah.

When our girl Selah was born, Steve and I both had an urging in our heart to make this year a year of Family. We just left a season of busyness, a year where we said "Yes" to a lot. We both resolved to soak in as much time as a family as we could. If our life was a song, then this was the Selah moment. This was the time where we want to take a pause and think about what's been happening in our lives, what God has done for us, where he is leading us and our family. In this Selah moment we are focusing in on God, we are letting his words resonate in our hearts moving through out us. 

I'm learning that even if you can't proclaim it a "Selah" year, sometimes you just need "Selah" moments in your days or weeks...a whisper in your heart "Selah" to take pause and see what God has done.

Selah. 




1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...