Thursday, September 27, 2012

A BOY AFTER MY HEART

 Our home was relaxed today. Lucia is a little under the weather so we wanted to keep her home and rested. Henry had a bit of a meltdown this morning when I would not let him wear his green lantern underwear. His desire to wear the same green lantern underwear he wore yesterday (which now sit with the dirty laundry) differed from mommy's desire, so we had a bit of a stand off. Eventually the issue was hashed out over a 'Curious George' book and he settled for cars underwear, because that beat mommy's idea of sending him back to bed.
 
This is what my battles look like now a days.
 
 
After that, him and I spent the morning listening to Broadway music on Pandora, I caught up with cleaning and he caught some bad guys in his cars underwear and batman pajama shirt. It was a happy time. Then Abba's 'Mama Mia' came on and my son began dancing around with the biggest smile on his face. I immediately started dancing with him and thought if it were socially acceptable I would dance around in my underwear all day to Broadway hits. I stopped to take in the moment, my beautiful little son, happy, dancing to Broadway, doing his own thing, making his mommy so proud. I thought to myself, "That's a boy after my heart," then God tugged at me and said "that's exactly how I feel about you."
 
 
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes I am absolutely humbled by God's Love.
When I feel off beat, like I'm dancing to showtunes in my underwear when others clearly are not, God looks at me and loves me, and says...That's exactly how I made you.
Nothing can compare to that love.
 
"nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Romans 8:39

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...