Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I REALLY DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL..I THINK.

 You know, I just want to put it out there, that I am NOT a football fan. It can be boooring and I don't think I'll ever understand the rules. I couldn't throw a football or catch a football or probably even sell a football to a football team.  Yet somehow, I have compromised my position on this and partake weekly in the whole football experience. I blame my dad. Well, I blame my dad and brother-in-law who somehow tricked the whole family to partake in fantasy football. So although, I am not a football fan, I am ridiculously competitive and a huge fan of smack talking. So now, at least twice a week (three times if there's a Thursday game.) I am actually interested in who wins the game, who is hurt and who is going off.  I can tell you who I think the best Quarterbacks are and I even have a favorite kicker...hello Mason Crosby...how did that happen? So, I hate what's going on here, but I would for the record like to state that I really don't like football...I think. 
We got together for my Nephew Levi's Birthday Party on Sunday and somehow even that got hijacked by football. I was excited to put my children in football jerseys and get myself a new 49er shirt, I even made Steve get a shirt in the 49ers colors. As we drove away from the store everything hit me and I couldn't help but ask my husband, what have I become?
Okay, so I'll admit there are things I like about football. I mean I may be biased, but are these not the cutest 49er fans or what?
 
and you've gotta love those Sunday football naps...
followed by the "we've been watching football all day let's go for a walk" walk...
there's always food...
it does bring family together...
despite our differences...
and maybe we have to play a few games of our own....
but I think everyone still has a good time...
Okay, so maybe I do like football...I think.
 
Today's Reflection:
It's amazing how just involving us all in fantasy football, suddenly we are all enjoying football together.  I can't help but notice how profound of an impact we can all have on each other. I mean I seriously wanted nothing to do with football, but once I knew it was something we would all do together I was in.  I can't help but think how this can be translated into other areas. What if I decided, I will only speak positively and praise each member of my family, would that too catch on? What if I told them, I pray for you and meant it, how would that impact my family, how dramatic would it be if everyday we each took a moment to pray for each other and our needs...or just to say thank you for each other. And what a heritage we would leave to our children if we each decided together as a family, we will each whole heartily serve God. It amazes me the impact I can have on my family and they on me. Thank you Lord, for family, forgive me if I don't always make the positive impact  I should, let me start...today!
 
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
-1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...