Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ONE-DERFUL

This is my girl.
She turned one over the weekend.
ONE!
I am so in love with this little soul.
 
I will share more of the party details later, but today I just wanted to share this sweet little face on her first birthday. All dressed up in pink and just about the loveliest little thing this mommy has ever seen.
These are just a few shots of her and that oh so special 'First' Birthday cake. I think she was a bit overwhelmed at first...
But then she got a little encouragement and help from all the her favorite fellas...her brother and cousins.. 
 maybe a little more help than needed...
but once she got the hang of it...


it was pure birthday bliss!

 
 Happy Birthday, to my sweet little girl.
 
Today's Reflection:
Early on, while being pregnant with Lucia we got a call from the Doctor's office asking us to come in for more testing. My nurse told me not to worry, but there were signs that the baby might have Down Syndrome. Scared, Steve and I did the only thing we knew how to do...pray. We prayed for God's guidance and strength. We began to think about what a blessing this child was regardless of how it came. The day we went in for more testing there were a lot of tears as we sat with a genetic counselor and at the end we left knowing two things...one, the chance of Down Syndrome was more unlikely and two, we were having a little girl. I realized how arbitrary hair bows and the color pink became and how beautiful the idea of my little girl still forming, being created by a perfect, loving God was. Regardless of how she comes, she is a blessing. Today, I remember how lucky I am to have her and to hold her and to celebrate how wonderfully made she is!
 
"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something."
-Psalm 139:13-15
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...