Friday, September 7, 2012

PRAISE IN THE MOUNTAINS

Over the weekend we went to see our favorite drummer play. Of course I'm talking about my husband, but you knew that. The group he plays with 'From the Rising' (whose bass player and vocalist just happens to be my Pops, and the backup vocalist my Mom) played at an event called 'Praise in the Mountains' It was an all day outdoor festival w/ music and free fun for the whole family.  We packed up our blanket and a picnic lunch and headed up to the mountains.
 
There were bouncy houses, which Henry could not get enough of...
A Giant Beach Ball that nearly destroyed everything in it's path, including me...and this guy...
The coolest ice cream truck I've ever seen...
and several Motorcycle Clubs showing of their rides...
And then the sun went down and the music continued and there was just enough of a chill to make you cuddle up with your loved ones...
It was a good event. I usually measure the success of an event by how much fun my kids had, in this case it was extremely successful! 
Today's Reflection:
I snapped this last photo at the end of the night. It captured how I began to feel. At one point people were out there dancing with flags. I would never judge how someone chooses to praise God. I won't lie though, I don't understand why they use flags...do you? There's a lot about religion I don't know or understand. I asked Steve "Is that so God can see them", this was not a joke. I begin to get curious about the biblical significance of this and then just feel ignorant on all things religious. I've found that while I don't understand the Bible all the time or different religious lines, I do understand how loving God is and how, even if I'm not waving a flag around, he'll see me. The next day, my Pastor said something that hit me "God is a God of Equality!" BAM! While I don't always feel well versed in scripture or principles, while I've often turned to my Husband and ignorantly asked him "why?" God is an equal opportunity God. He is not only calling the theologically intelligent or the Missionaries or the Flag wavers. He gives me a chance too. He lets me come as I am, and I humbly lift my hands (it's all I got) and praise him, because he is a 'God of Equality'  
 
"Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important"
-1 Corinthians 1:26-28

2 comments :

  1. Great Pics! Had a good time with the FTR family, and God's people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...