Thursday, November 8, 2012

HE MADE IT RAIN

The kids and I had a zoo date planned for this afternoon with our cousins.  It ended up being colder and gloomier than we had thought it would be when we originally made the plans. Mid way through our trip it started to really pour and we quickly began scrambling for the exit. Most of us did at least. Trying to gather my children and keep them dry I turn around and find two giggling 3 year olds, strolling together under an umbrella, without a care in the world...
They were cracking me up, my shoes were completely soaked, feet freezing, the top of my head drenched, all the adults trying to hurry to the dry, warmth of the car and here they are.  Laughing, ignoring all of us and enjoying every drop of rain.
 
Today's Reflection:
"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
-Psalm 118:24
 
I found it fitting that on this little umbrella they were sharing this scripture was written.
Some days don't go quite as planned. Yet if you think about it, everyday is made by the Lord, everyday, even the rainy ones, the ones we didn't plan for or the ones we think ruined our plans. My God does not make mistakes, so for every day that he has made, let's be glad and rejoice in them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...