Tuesday, November 20, 2012

RAINY DAYS AND RAINBOWS

So lately we've been sick. I won't lie...it was a bummer at times. We spent almost a week couped up inside, too sick to go out. Most of those days were spent sleeping and nights spent not sleeping. High fevers, throwing up all happening inside our little house. I tried to keep a positive outlook. We tried to keep morale up...
Henry even got a surprise "get well" gift from his cousin Laila and we got to spend a little time at grandma's...
But there was a point when all the rain and feeling sick and being stuck inside got to us. And I'm not going to lie, Henry and I both had a bit of a meltdown, and yes, there were tears...from both of us. As fun as we have playing inside, and as positive we try to keep that outlook of ours, we began to miss our freedom and the park...
Today will be another day spent inside trying to get better. We started our morning early and I grumpily went to the kids room to get Henry and as we walked out I glimpsed out the window and saw this...
It was so quick, that even by the time I got my camera to snap a shot it had faded a great deal. But for this mom, for the girl, for this person, who so desperately needed a positive outlook at that very moment, God showed me a rainbow. Had I not been woken up so early I would have missed it. And when I did see it, I felt so strongly that God knew what I had been going through, what rainy days I had seen and in the midst of it, he gave me a rainbow.
 
Today's Reflection:
"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,  casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
-1 Peter 5:6-7
 
I have this scripture on my heart today.
Thank you lord for taking my cares.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...