Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DATE NIGHT - FEBRUARY EDITION!


The other day I heard someone make the joke that by now everyone has already quit working on their New Year Resolutions. Not to be discouraged and loving a challenge, I am determined to continue working on mine! This Saturday, Steve and I went on our second date of the year (at least one a month is my goal!)

 

We were both extremely tired and we didn't really have any plans, although we did have a babysitter (grandma & grandpa are always on call!) so we decided we would just see where the night took us! We got in the car and decided to brainstorm, next thing we know, we were at the record store, browsing with no intention to buy! Just like we did when we were broke college students!

 

Next stop Coffee and Dinner!


Followed by the Movies (I know, crazy kids aren't we!). Not having the luxury of 'free time' anymore we decided that we needed to plan our dates a little better so we don't end up just going to the movies each time or end up driving aimlessly around Sacramento looking for something to do. The new plan is for us to take turns planning a date! We're going to write each date down and put them in individual envelopes and open one at the beginning of each month. We'll see how it goes, I do all the planning in this family, so I'll admit I'm a little nervous, but I'll let him surprise me and take advantage of a night off! I'm glad I made this one of my resolutions, it's fun dating my husband and no where near the pressure it use to be before we were married. Also, it's nice not having to say good-bye to him at the end of the night and instead we both get to say hello together to these sweet little faces safely asleep!

 
 

Looks like it was a good night all around!


Today's Reflection:
Lord, Today I want to say thank you. Thank you for keeping my marriage together. Thank you for giving us opportunities to reconnect, thank you for giving us both the desire to love one another. Thank you for creating us for each other, I know that you thought of me when you made him, you knew what I would need in a husband and even considered what I wanted. I find that comforting, I find that inspiring and I find that encouraging on days I do not get him! You know exactly what you are doing and because I know you love me, I know that my marriage is a loving gift from you that I need to cherish!

"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it."
-Proverbs 10:22


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...