Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WHERE TO START

 
  
Sometimes I don't know where to even start. Above was my day in a nutshell. After a decade of avoiding it, I finally went to the dentist. I was extremely nervous, but was pleasantly surprised (as was the dentist) to the shape my teeth were in. A nasty storm came through and when it had passed, like bears coming out of hibernation we ventured outside. Henry made the most of puddles, while Lucia and I just tried to stay warm. Henry got a lot of good male bonding in with his daddy, rough housing and skateboarding. Today Lucia had her first taste of solid foods. I made her some carrots and she did very well. She's a take charge kind of girl, she kept trying to take the spoon out of my hand to feed herself, which is more proof that this adorable little creature is mine!

It was the kind of day that makes me absolutely grateful for my family, glad that we can do the little things together.

Today's Reflection:
Lord, thank you for days like this, where I realize I need people and I'm glad that I do!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken " 
-Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...