Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MY PHOTOGRAPHER

 I bought this little vintage Polaroid camera over the weekend and it sparked some interest in this little guy...
  
This is my nephew Rome and he may be the world's next great photographer.  He's 3 and he likes cameras. Sure he also likes dinosaurs, choo-choo trains and bugs (except ants), but when he takes an interest in something, I like to stand up and take notice. Here are some of the pictures he took with my camera...   
  
One day I will go to his gallery opening and I will walk up to the young artsy hipster admiring his work and pull these pictures out of my old lady purse and let them know "I knew from the get go!"

Now that I have kids and my nephews I am overwhelmed with hope for them. I know that God has great plans for them and I want to give them all the tools they need to follow those plans. I get excited watching them and seeing their little personalities and talents grow. Sometimes I might get a little too excited, but hey someone has got too! I hear my son singing 'Jesus loves me' and I'll call my mom, "He's going to be a worship leader!!" My nephew Levi wanders off from the playground to play in bushes and I'll tell my sister, "He's going to be an explorer or maybe an environmentalist or a missionary!" My daughter starts to babble (with conviction!) and I'll tell my husband "She's going to be a preacher!" They are everything to me and can do just about anything and I will be there rooting them on. Henry can be a chimney sweep and I'll be up on the roofs with him teaching him "chim-chim-cherree!"

Todays Reflection:
Feeling all this hope for these kids I can't help but wonder what kind of hope and plans God has for me. Does he stand up and cheer when he sees me following his plans? I guess no matter how old we are, 5 months, 30 years or 60 years we all still need a little encouraging and it's always nice when someone is there saying, "I believe in you!"

Lord thank you for the plans you have for all of us!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
-Jeremiah 29:11

amen, amen, amen!

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...