Friday, June 15, 2012

CEREAL AND NERDS

Day four of Henry being sick. He seems to be doing better, hasn't turned the corner yet but I know it's close! Steve stayed home to help me, which I greatly appreciate because it's been quite a task juggling a healthy baby and sick toddler at the same time. I had to send Steve to the store to get some medicine and juice for Henry and to my surprise he returned with several boxes of arguably un-needed cereal.
At first I was told "They were on sale," which normally gets my approval, but upon further inspection I got to the real reason...
and like a little boy he yelled out "I hope I get Darth Maul!" and with that he was digging in to find his prize...
Queen Amidala...what little boy wouldn't be excited?
At least now he has a summer goal...to collect all 8! Although he tells me he doesn't really need Jar Jar (oh Jar Jar, nobody loves you but me).
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes we don't always get what we want, when we want it. I've had many moments in my life where I wanted something to happen and it just didn't, even when I prayed for it, I still wasn't given it. I find it extremely comforting, and lovely actually, that even when my circumstances seem bad and undesirable, God is in a way wooing me. He's whispering, "don't worry it may look bad, but I've got it all worked out, just stick with me kid" Stick with him, trust in him, know that although my son was not healed immediately he was listening when I prayed. To know that he hears me can be comforting in itself.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
-Jeremiah 29: 11-13

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...