Monday, June 18, 2012

IMPERFECT HEROES

I've been racking my brain trying to find the right words to describe the fathers in my life. I probably don't tell them enough and in the proper way just how much they mean to me and how much I love them. I mean, from the outside, it can sometimes look like they don't do much...
but they do exactly what we need. They're there for us, to hold our hand right when we need them...
They love on us and make us feel like the most special girl in the room...
and even though sometimes they can make us mad or feel like they just don't get us, they still stick by us with open arms just waiting for the moment we realize how much we really do need them...
and I realize, just how much they mean to me and what an impact they have made on my life. My dad, who for as long as I can remember has been my Hero. My imperfect Hero who cried with me at the end of Titanic, who let me try new things and quit new things knowing eventually I would discover my way and my talents. My dad, always first on the scene when I had a flat tire, always first to say "That was good Mija" My dad, who let me wear a "where's the beef?"  shirt when I was a little girl because he says "you loved that shirt!" My dad, who still to this day will tell me he's proud of me.

And this guy, the rookie dad who has all the makings of a great. The man who I am blessed to have in my life. I watch him work tirelessly to give his family the world. He is up late at night and early in the morning with me, anytime they cry. The man who when they are sick will sleep on the floor in their bedroom to make sure they are ok. The man who gives what he has to his children, his time, talents and love. He may not always get it right, but they don't need him to. He is their imperfect Hero, made just for them!


Happy Father's Day, I hope you had a good one!

Rookie dads and Afro dads...

I mean, Pro dads!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...