Thursday, June 28, 2012

WATER BUGS

I love summer, but most of all, I love swimming in the summer! I have always been a 'water bug', when I was little my favorite place was always in the water. I remember taking my books in the pool with me, trying to eat in there and staying way past the point of wrinkly fingers. This summer is especially great for swimming because my little lovelies are becoming little water bugs too. I think what makes this especially sweet is that they are swimming in the same pool I spent most of my time swimming in as a little girl. It's pretty amazing for me to see them create some of the same wonderful memories I did when I was so little... 
 We even share the same great taste in swimming safety fashion, as you can see from below, I rocked the intertube suit (pretty sweet, I know)...
although, I took it one step further with the noseplug (they'll get there)...
and just like I remember, the worst part of the day is when it's time to get out of the pool...

Today's Reflection:
As my children grow and we discover more things about them, I'm amazed at how much they are like me. There is so much about them that is unique and special but when I get to see a little glimpse of myself in them, I feel connected to them in such an unspoken way. Do you think God feels this unspoken connection when he sees a glimpse of himself in me? When the good and the kindness comes through? When the love and compassion surface? Do you think he smiles and says, "She gets that from me?"

"Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
-Genesis 1: 26-27

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...