Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SEGUNDA STYLE: SEMI-HOME MADE

 You know, I can be extremely impatient at times. Sewing my own clothes often challenges me in this area. I'm proud of myself when I've finished something that is wearable and adorable. I won't lie to you, I've had many sewing projects go awry, many dresses and skirts just come out funky (and not in the oh so hip way!). So today, I am proud to share my semi-home made outfit! This little skirt was made by lil' ol' me...and the best part, it was extremely simple and quick!. My shirt was purchased for about $3 at the fabric store. And to show you that you can find great accessories at the segunda, my shoes (my current favorites!) and my bag were all segunda finds!
So there it is, my semi-home made segunda style the kind that hopefully makes that seamstress mother of mine proud!

Today's Reflection:
Just a little encouragement for myself and those who may be needing it, because sometimes I need to remind myself! You are loved and no matter what you are wearing, you are treasured and a beautiful creation. The same God who creates the Earth and the Heavens created you and calls you his!  

"But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." 
 -Isaiah 43:1

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...