Thursday, April 5, 2012

BROKEN LITTLE TEETH

I was not prepared for this. Broken bones, maybe, scratches, bumps, skinned knees definitely, but chipped  teeth...not prepared at all. My son fell and chipped his two front teeth on Wednesday. Thankfully he hasn't been in too much pain and for the most part he doesn't even notice. I will admit that I am a little heart broken over the situation. I know they are only his baby teeth and eventually (in another 3 or 4 years) they would have fallen out, but I just hate the idea that his little smile that I loved so much is forever changed. He's still got a little smile that makes my heart melt, I just need some time to grieve the little pieces of missing teeth. The good news is he loves the dentist! This morning we all put on brave faces for his first visit to the dentist...  
 
 
 
He did so well and was a very brave boy! In 2 weeks we'll take him back and the doctor will shave his teeth so the chipped off parts are smoothed down. We are watching to see if there is any sign of a fracture that's not healing, in which case he might lose his two front teeth. We are praying that there is no fracture!

Today's Reflection:
I know that it's not the end of the world and as my husband reminded me, he is still a healthy, happy, boy. I know that when he is older we will look at these pictures with his chipped little teeth and have a laugh. I know there are much worse things that could happen and much scarier things as well. I know this doesn't change how sweet he is or how much I love him. I know I should spin this in a positive way, but I don't want to pretend that I looked at his two little chipped teeth and said "No big deal!" I wanted to cry for him, but I have to remember, I am mommy and it doesn't help him if I'm losing it.

Lord, we are praying that you heal my little boy and keep his teeth nice and strong and in his mouth. I'm thankful that it was only a couple of chipped teeth and nothing worst! I know that you do not waste these opportunities to teach me, so I am looking for the lesson in all of this and trying to make an unfortunate situation into a situation where I can walk away feeling stronger in you.

"My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body."
-Proverbs 4:20-22

4 comments :

  1. Great post! How do you get such great pictures? Do you travel with a photographer, or do you just say, "hey, can you take a picture for me?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm the family paparazzi, or as we call mamarazzi!

      Delete
  2. i think i have had nightmares of this happening. i'm dreading taking Judah to the dentist...i have a feeling he would flip out...which dentist did you end up going to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister met with an accident and she lost her front two teeth’s. It was really very painful for her so she went to see Torrance dentist. He advised her to have teeth implant. She went under the surgery and was very happy with her new fixed teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...