Friday, April 13, 2012

JUMPING

Happy Friday Friends! Just a little word of encouragement today. My Son can now proudly add 'Jumping' to his list of accomplishments, right after 'Making Mommy Proud' and 'Not giving up'. He was a little slower than his friends and cousins to pick up jumping, it was actually quite endearing to watch him try over and over to get a little air. After much practice and encouragement he has finally become my little jumper and now he jumps everywhere!
 
 
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes I can feel like I am being left behind, like I'm not exactly sure that what I'm doing is good enough. I begin to focus on everything I can not do, or everything everyone else is doing. I start to take in the opinions of others and internalize them as truth. I look at my life and in a way pose the question..."Why am I not jumping as high as the others?" Days like these I can get down on myself, but when I stop and remember what God promises, I stop and dig into the words God has laid before me, I begin to quickly change my way of thinking, I begin to bend those knees of mine and give jumping another try, remembering that God is going to lift me up and lift those feet of mine off the ground.

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;   they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.."
-Isaiah 40:31

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...