Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SEGUNDA STYLE

I got Spring fever the first day the sun decided to come out from hiding behind rain clouds. I quickly headed to my favorite segunda (thrift store, for my newer readers) and scored exactly what I needed to quench my thirst for spring! 
Best of all, and some of my fellow mommies might appreciate this, it has pockets! Huge pockets, the kind that can easily hide 3 cars or a couple of choo choo trains...

I think about why I get so excited when I score something I adore and feel pretty in at the segunda. Realizing that most things if not everything is a God thing, I feel like he's nodding at me, saying "Don't worry, I'll take care of you." I see people in their name brand clothes, killer shoes, beautiful accessories, I know it's not in the budget for me. Just take a look in the magazines and even their "Steals" cost at least $40. Please, don't mistake me I don't think it's wrong to spend that much, I just know, now is not the time for me to do it. So I try not to lust after the things I can not have and be happy with the things I can, the little blessings and "finds" that God sends my way!
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes God calls us to go down a certain path which can take us out of our comfort zone or cause us to make changes in our life. When I decided to become a stay at home mom I wasn't sure all that it would entail. I could have never guessed how much sacrifice it would take and if I could even make those sacrifices. Here's what I know, when God is calling you to do something, don't worry about the little things, he'll take care of them for you. God knows what I will encounter and what I will need, little and big and he will take care of those things for me.

"Moses raised another objection to God: "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer."
God said, "And who do you think made the human mouth? And who makes some mute, some deaf, some sighted, some blind? Isn't it I, God? So, get going. I'll be right there with you—with your mouth! I'll be right there to teach you what to say."
-Exodus 4:10-12 (The Message)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...