Thursday, April 12, 2012

THE MALL

The rain, massive hail, thunder and lightning all thwarted our hopes to play outside yesterday. Still, needing to get out of the house for a bit, we decided we'd do something we rarely do as a family and headed to the mall! It's really a nice rainy day adventure, we were able to get our oil changed, search for new glasses for Steve and play. It kept everyone pretty happy...  
I think my boys enjoyed the shopping more than I did, we easily spent over an hour in the Lego store...
 
It's like a giant amusement park for Henry...
 
 
Today's Reflection:
There was a time where I could spend hours and hours at the mall by myself, just trying clothes on, going through every rack, searching the sales in each store. Now once we've entered the mall I go straight to the play area, I let my son lead me to the next store (usually the Disney store), I search for the merry-go-rounds and the elevators, things I know he'll be mesmerized by. My focus turns from myself and the pretty little dresses in the windows to my family. Where I once knew all the sales, I now know all the family bathrooms and changing tables. I see a change in me that almost snuck up on me, I know I didn't do it myself, I know that God easily changed my heart and I'm grateful for the change.

I'm reminded of a children's song I use to sing with my younger cousins...
"Jesus on the inside,
working on the outside,
oh what a change in my life!"

It makes me happy to know that Jesus is still making changes in my life. Makes me excited, makes me wonder, what other changes are to come? Thank you Lord, for continuing to work on me, I am forever clay in your hands, mold me and shape me into what you want me to become.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...