Friday, April 20, 2012

IS THIS REAL?

Yesterday was pretty normal. I did things that I'm sure a million moms have done hundreds of times for many years now. Got the kids ready, took Henry to the dentist, had lunch with daddy and visited toy store. Amidst the eating and drinking and laughing with my family I had this overwhelming joy and the sudden question looming over me, how did I get here? Ever have that happen? I'm looking around at my husband, who I love more than anything, my two kids healthy, sweet and the reason my heart beats, we're all just sitting there having lunch and I'm overwhelmed with happiness. I imagine when I was a little girl I probably played house and did this exact same thing, it almost feels surreal. I realize, I probably don't deserve all of this, but somehow God has decided to lavish me with these intangible gifts. Amazing!
 I imagine Henry had the same kind of joy when we walked in to the toy store. We let him pick out a toy for being so brave while getting his teeth shaved at the dentist (see here if you're not up to date). He walked down every aisle taking stock and weighing out his options. I got a little nervous when he started scoping out the pools, but in the end he picked a little choo choo train...
 

Today's Reflection:
Lord thank you for making this real!

"So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor all the days of his life which God gives him under the sun."
-Ecclesiastes 8:15



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...