Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THE BOYS CLUB

We are a bit of a boys club here. When we are all together, messes are usually made, cars raced, planes crashed, trains chugging. My dad once made the mistake of leaving a Bruce Lee movie on while the boys were visiting and so now in addition to our normal wrestling, we also get karate chops. They hunt worms and throw rocks, everything that is foreign to me. They do everything as a pack. One takes his shirt of the other immediately needs his off too! Some days my sister and I will look at each other and just laugh at the thought of them growing into teenage boys...
But for all that, and everything that is alien to me they are still just a bunch of little sweeties, never really needing any toys to have fun, just each other...and sometimes an old sheet! 
Today's Reflection:
Sometimes I'm terrified by the idea of how to raise a boy. I've never been a boy and probably lean on his father a little more when it comes to those types of things. I know the type of character I would like him to have and how I want him to treat others as well as himself, but to know that one day my little Henry will be a man, it makes me nervous. I know that from the second he was born, we began shaping the man he will become. I know that I have a responsibility in leading him and although I may never be a member of the 'boys club' I try to focus on what I can teach him and the truths I know.

Lord, all that I am as a mother I turn over to you. I trust in your ways and blessings and look to you for the guidance I need on shaping my children. Give me the courage to become the mother you intended me to be.

"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it."
-Proverbs 22:6 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...