Monday, October 15, 2012

FAMILY PORTRAITS. POSSIBLE.

You know, some things seem impossible.
 
For a mother with two little ones, both who can not stay clean for more than an hour or stay still for 5 minutes, a husband who only wears shorts, a busy schedule and a tight budget, the beautiful family portrait seems nearly impossible. I know some of you other moms are throwing your fist in the air shouting 'YEAH!' in agreement. I look at portraits of other families and think, who are these people and what did they eat for breakfast that made this picture possible? Although, I too want to be that family holding hands prancing in the meadow under the setting sun, a haze making my hair glow and both my children smiling on cue my husband and I heads thrown back laughing with joy (probably at something hilarious I said), but I know it's not going to happen anytime soon. So when Steve's sister called asking him to send a black and white family photo for my mother and father in-law's 50th anniversary I knew the impossible had to become possible. Thankfully we all dress up simultaneously once a week...Sunday! So in our Sunday best I stole 15 minutes of my Brother in-law's time (thanks Marv!), handed him my camera walked outside, found a fence and voila! With a little of my beloved editing we have...our own family portraits... 





Making the impossible, possible. Take that sun-filled meadow!

We even got a couple shots with my nephew, who always insists on being in our family photos. One day I may just have to include him in our Christmas card, like he's our own little 'Cousin Oliver' or the child we sponsor for $1 a month.


Today's Reflection:
I realize there are people facing more dire situations that seem impossible. As I write this I'm grateful, for messy kids, a husband who remains true to himself and wears shorts even in winter, a schedule that's full and a steady income to budget. I realize that there is nothing wrong with the pictures in the meadow, God blesses us and gives us beautiful sun-filled pictures that others admire. He also can satisfy us with just a simple black and white photo taken by another family member. He is the God that satisfies and supplies and blesses. He knows what I need and he takes care of it and I am grateful that he does.

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord;  may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"
-Psalm 103:1-5 (NLT)

1 comment :

  1. I really like the all the photographs of this blog about the family which are shown in this blog. Family portrait photographer will enable all your emotions and passion to be shown through the photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...