Friday, October 12, 2012

THE WEEKEND, OH JOY!

I think there was a time in my life were I couldn't bear having no weekend plans. Now, I relish in the thought of a free weekend. I close my eyes and smile and let the laziness of Saturday pour over me and all the possibilities dance around me. I may wear a bun in my hair all weekend, I may take a walk or lay on the couch, the weekend is mine!
 
Still with me? We've had a busy last couple of weekends. Steve's band has played out of town two weekends in a row now, which is  good thing, just means this momma is putting in a little overtime wrangling in kids while the band plays.
 
I enjoy going to shows though. I especially enjoy taking my kids. I have fond memories of playing behind the stage or under seats at my dad's concerts as a little girl. I loved watching my dad perform and hanging around the band. My kids seem to share my same sentiments. Henry is even dead set on being a part of the band, bringing his drums to their practice and taking the stage when they do. It's an experience I'm glad we can share with my little loves.
 
 and of course I really just go because I've got a thing for the drummer... 
 
Today's Reflection:
"I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
 I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."
-Psalm 9:1-2
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...