Thursday, October 4, 2012

TRAILER TRASH

You know the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure?"...what am I saying of course you do...you're my reader, you're as smart as they come!  Well, what I am about to show you may look like trash and you may think to yourself..."what on earth did they do?" but believe me, this is still our little treasure.
 
I thought, I'd give a little trailer update. For my newer readers, you can see the first trailer post here ---> (our little trailer). We (and by "we" I mean "Steve") haven't had much of a chance to work on the trailer due to busy schedules, but now we are focused and back on track...




Steve has been pulling apart the outside of the trailer to repair the wood rot. The windows were taken out and the some of the paneling pulled back. He's been very optimistic, so it helps me stay optimistic. It's more than I had anticipated, but Steve seems to be up for the challenge. He's making a lot of good progress learning more as he goes. He's talked about getting another trailer to restore after this, so that's a good sign that he may actually be enjoying it. I think he likes the feeling of seeing a little hard work and elbow grease pay off.
 
So there is still quite a bit of work to be done...no maiden voyage this summer, so I'm shifting my hopes to the fall...we'll see, either way we're both still exited!
 
Today's reflection:
Sometimes a little restoration takes work.
"And God said, “As of right now, I’m making a covenant with you: In full sight of your people I will work wonders that have never been created in all the Earth, in any nation. Then all the people with whom you’re living will see how tremendous God’s work is, the work I’ll do for you."
-Exodus 34:10

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...