Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MY LITTLE PUMPKINS

I think a time comes in every parent's life when you have to make tough choices...
 
Do I grab them and love on them and tell them everything is okay?
 
Or do I risk scarring them for life, by desperately trying not to laugh out loud while snapping a picture?
 

I chose the latter...
 
Classic!
 
They were not feeling the sibling pumpkin patch photo.
 
However one day I think they'll laugh about this picture, or at the very least their future children and I will.

Today's Reflection:
"And the Lord God prepared a plant and made it come up over Jonah, that it might be shade for his head to deliver him from his misery. So Jonah was very grateful for the plant. But as morning dawned the next day God prepared a worm, and it so damaged the plant that it withered."
-Jonah 4:6-7
 
I read this scripture and I laugh a little. If you're familiar with the story then you know that Jonah, complained about this. But God used the plant to prove a point. Is that a parenting technique Lord? Either way, it's pretty G. Sometimes they don't always like the choices we make for them and cry a little, but as parents we've got to show them because we love them.
 
Do you think he snapped a picture of Jonah whining too? I bet you he did!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...