Thursday, October 18, 2012

LESS OF ME

If there could be less of me.
Less of my jokes,
less of my stories,
less of what I'm wearing,
less of what I think.
Less of my insecurities,
and my fears.
oh how my heart is stirring.
If I could replace all of this with more of you.
How much more of an impact could I make?
Oh my Lord, how you lived so humbly and yet left such a beautiful legacy.
How you loved others more than yourself.
How I long to have just a fraction of that, just an ounce.
If I could give you my words, less of me, and trade them for your ways, more of you.
oh how my heart is stirring.
 
 
Today's Reflection:
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."
-Matthew 20:28
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...