Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ORIENTATION DAY

There are no rules. Today we have lunch with the animals.
I feel like I'm still trying to figure out this motherhood gig. When I started any other job they always gave me orientation, a handbook, something. I'm starting to realize that there will be no orientation. I have to make the most of this, it's up to me what I do. So I'm choosing to have picnics at the zoo...
and some of the greatest moments and conversations with my little monkeys while we have our picnic...


Today's Reflection:
Some days I look for some guidance, someone to ask, "am I doing this right?" I see other moms, waking up early, jogging, drinking coffee with friends, running errands before I am even out of my pajamas. I think, am I doing this all wrong? I have thought will I be more efficient if wake up earlier? I'm not a morning person, I am cranky in the mornings and it takes a least a good couple of hours before my bed head settles down. Maybe there are no rules, and maybe I can wake up late and have a picnic lunch in the zoo with my little loves. Maybe we can laugh and tell knock knock jokes. Maybe this is our right.

"You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him."
-Deuteronomy 13:4

I like this scripture, sometimes you look for an orientation packet and discover, it was there the whole time.  

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...